Do you find yourself craving pumpkin recipes once it’s fall? As soon as the weather starts to change and fall arrives, I find myself wanting to make and eat everything pumpkin spice flavored! One of my family’s favorite quick and easy fall breakfast meals is oatmeal. It was only fitting that I make a pumpkin spice oatmeal for our fall breakfast.
Recipe For Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
In coming up with this recipe for pumpkin oatmeal, I started by using organic pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to create a pumpkin pie flavor. Depending upon how much you like pumpkin pie spice, you may want to increase the spice from 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. Next, I mixed these two ingredients with the water on the stovetop.
Soon, I quickly realized that the oatmeal needed to be sweetened up. I decided to use maple syrup to add just the right amount of sweetness. If you don’t want to use syrup, you can substitute the syrup by chopping up 1/4 cup of dates. They add a nice texture and sweetness to the instant pumpkin spice oatmeal.
After adding in the water, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and syrup, it’s time to add the oatmeal and salt. I like to use Quaker Oat’s Instant Oatmeal. Once all ingredients are in your pan, you will want to cook the oatmeal for about 5 minutes over medium low, stirring occassionally.
Time To Enjoy Your Pumpkin Oatmeal
Once your pumpkin oatmeal is finished cooking on the stovetop, I like to sprinkle brown sugar on top. I then finish it off with a little bit of oat-milk on top. Your oatmeal is then ready to eat!
I hope you will give this fall pumpkin oatmeal recipe a try! You can always Pin this recipe to Pinterest so you can save it and come back to it later. Also, if you do try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 2/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Instant Oats
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Brown Sugar Optional
- Place a pot on the stovetop. Add maple syrup and water. Mix to combine.
- Next, add pumpkin puree and instant oats. Stir to combine.
- Add in salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine all ingredients in pot.
- Turn stovetop on to medium high and cook for approximately five minutes. Stirring occassionally.
- Once oatmeal has thickened up, turn stovetop off and serve into individual serving bowls.
- Top your pumpkin spice oatmeal with your favorite toppings. We like to add a sprinkling of brown sugar and oatmilk to ours.
Other Pumpkin Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out some of my other pumpkin inspired recipes: