This easy to make homemade pumpkin bread is sure to become a fall favorite recipe! Perfect for breakfast, a morning snack, after school treat, or even dessert!
Every year as the seasons transition from the warmth of summer to the cozy embrace of fall, I find myself eagerly anticipating the return of all things pumpkin. If you’re like me, you’ve probably indulged in your fair share of banana bread and zucchini bread during the summer months. But now, with autumn in full swing, the irresistible allure of homemade pumpkin bread beckons me.
This yearning for all things pumpkin, led me to embark on a delightful baking adventure—creating my very own homemade pumpkin bread recipe. I was inspired to come up with this moist pumpkin bread recipe by the rich flavors of pumpkin and the aromatic spices of fall. And to add a delightful twist, I decided to incorporate butterscotch chips, which infuse a delicious flavor into this seasonal favorite.
The Inspiration Behind This Homemade Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Before diving into the recipe details, let me share a bit of my inspiration for this fall flavored pumpkin bread. You see, one of my all-time favorite banana bread recipes comes from Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Table Cookbook. My family couldn’t get enough of her After School Banana Bread during the summer—it was a huge hit with my family. So, I set out to create something reminiscent of that recipe but with a pumpkin twist for my favorite time of the year, pumpkin season! I loved that this recipe was baked in an 8×8 baking pan vs a traditional bread pan.
What You’ll Love About This Fall Flavored, Quick Bread Recipe
Creating the Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
To craft this mouthwatering pumpkin bread recipe, I started with Joanna Gaines’ Banana Bread recipe as my foundation. I made a simple substitution, replacing the bananas with canned pumpkin pie mix, and introduced a dash of pumpkin spice to capture the essence of pumpkin pie. Then, a brilliant suggestion from my then 5-year-old daughter—adding butterscotch chips—transformed this recipe into something truly extraordinary. The result? A pumpkin butterscotch masterpiece.
A Perfect Recipe For Pumpkin Fall Flavors
Baking this homemade pumpkin bread filled our home with an enchanting fragrance that perfectly encapsulated the spirit of fall. Once the bread had cooled, my daughter and I enjoyed a warm slice as a delightful afternoon treat. But let me share a little secret—it’s equally fantastic with a morning cup of coffee. In fact, it’s like enjoying dessert for breakfast!
Sharing the Joy of Pumpkin Bread
So, if you’re on the hunt for a new and delightful pumpkin recipe to celebrate this season, I wholeheartedly encourage you to try out my homemade pumpkin bread. I’d love to hear your thoughts if you decide to give it a whirl. And don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest so you can easily return to it whenever the pumpkin craving strikes!
If you are looking for a new pumpkin recipe to try this season, I encourage you to try my homemade pumpkin bread. I would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe. And don’t forget to PIN this recipe on Pinterest so you can easily come back and make this recipe!
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe Ingredients
Instructions For How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Bread:
- Preheat Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Your Pan: Grease your 8×8 baking pan with a non-stick spray or, for easy cleanup and removal, line it with parchment paper. The parchment paper method allows you to effortlessly lift the bread from the pan.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Gently stir the ingredients together, and set them aside.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a separate, large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Use an electric mixer to blend the wet batter until it’s well mixed.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Slowly incorporate your dry ingredients into the wet mixture using your electric mixer. Add the dry ingredients gradually for an even blend.
- Fold in Butterscotch Chips: Once your ingredients are thoroughly mixed, gently fold in the 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips.
- Pour Batter and Decorate: Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula to ensure an even distribution of the batter. Just before placing it in the oven, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of decorative sugar on top of the bread for a decorative finish.
- Baking Time: Insert your pan into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf, your bread is ready.
- Cool and Serve: Remove the pumpkin bread from the oven and allow it cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, slice into individual thick slices and savor the delightful flavors of this homemade pumpkin bread.
How To Store Left-Over Pumpkin Bread
In the event you have leftover pumpkin bread (it gets eaten pretty quickly in our household ;), I recommend storing it in an air-tight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe Variation Ideas:
Want to try changing up this fall pumpkin bread recipe? Here’s a few recipe variation ideas to try:
- Instead of using butterscotch chips, replace them with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You can leave out the butterscotch chips and top your pumpkin bread with a cream cheese frosting.
- Substitute part of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier twist.
What To Serve With The Perfect Pumpkin Bread
Fall is the perfect time of year to cozy up with a warm cup of coffee and a slice of fresh pumpkin bread. What’s the best way to serve this fall recipe? Here are a few different ways we like to enjoy this delicious homemade pumpkin bread depending upon the time of day:
- Enjoy your pumpkin bread with a cup of hot coffee, tea, or even a pumpkin spice latte for a complete fall-flavored experience.
- For a decadent dessert option, serve slices of pumpkin bread with a scoop of high-quality vanilla ice cream. The warm-cold contrast is heavenly.
- Dollop a cloud of freshly whipped cream on top of your pumpkin bread for a luscious and indulgent treat.
- Drizzle a bit of pure maple syrup over your pumpkin bread for an extra layer of sweetness and autumnal flavor.
What Readers Say:
“Made this today. Absolutely love it!! Thank you for sharing!”
There you have it—the perfect homemade pumpkin bread recipe to usher in the enchanting flavors of autumn. Whether enjoyed as an afternoon treat or paired with your morning coffee, this wonderful recipe promises to elevate your fall experience. Don’t forget to share your feedback if you try this recipe, and be sure to save it on Pinterest for future baking adventures! I hope you enjoy my favorite pumpkin bread as much as I do!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Be sure to check out my other delicious pumpkin flavor recipes by clicking here.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- 8 tbsp salted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 to 2 tbsp of decorative sugar for dusting on the top
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Using an 8×8 baking pan, either coat your pan with a non-stick spray or line the pan with parchment paper. I prefer to use parchment paper as it makes clean-up so easy. You can also lift the bread straight out of the pan this way.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice. Gently stir ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Using an electric mixer, combine ingredients until well mixed.
- Using your electric mixer, slowly combine your wet and dry ingredients. I like to add several spoonfuls at a time of the dry ingredients into the mixer.
- Once all of your ingredients are mixed together, gently fold in the 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips.
- Next, pour your batter into your 8×8 baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, make sure that your batter is evening distributed in the pan.
- Just before inserting into the oven, I like to sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsps of decorative sugar on the top of the batter.
- Insert into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. You can test whether it is done by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on your oven rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!