The Best Quick and Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Would you believe that my favorite muffins are actually gluten-free? I don’t actually follow a gluten-free diet, yet these gluten free blueberry muffins are my favorite muffins to bake! And everyone who’s tried them, loves these muffins!
Several years ago I came up with this gluten free blueberry muffin recipe while making snacks for a morning playdate. Several of my mama friends are gluten-free so I needed to come up with something that they could also eat. We had just harvested a bunch of fresh blueberries so I decided to use my Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Muffin Mix to make Blueberry Muffins. The result was a super moist, easy to prepare, blueberry muffin!
Our Family’s Favorite Blueberry Muffins
These Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins are now a family favorite and they are sooo yummy! I’ve adapted the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Muffin Recipe and I love how delicious these blueberry muffins are. While our family is not “gluten free,” we absolutely love the texture and taste of these muffins. We keep this muffin mix on hand and make these muffins on a regular basis. We also love making Raspberry Gluten Free Muffins too! These muffins are perfect for breakfast or even an after school treat!
Picking Fresh Blueberries For Muffins
Each summer we grow our own blueberries in the garden. We always like to freeze a bunch of blueberries. Then we are able to use the blueberries in smoothies and baking throughout the year. When we don’t have enough blueberries at home, we will even go to the local blueberry farms and pick more berries!
Fresh blueberries from the garden taste great in this recipe. Sometimes we even add shredded coconut flakes or oats to the recipe to add texture to these muffins.
The secret to making these muffins really shine is the Bob’s Red Mill Decorative Sparkling Sugar. Before putting the muffins into the oven, I sprinkle just a pinch of this sugar to the tops of the muffins. When they come out of the oven, they have a beautiful shine to them!
I hope you will enjoy these blueberry muffins as much as we do! If you do try making them and like them, I’d love to hear from you! Also, you can PIN this recipe to Pinterest so you can come back and make the recipe later! Enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Banana Avocado Green Smoothie
- Quick & Easy Homemade Granola
- Pumpkin Bread Inspired By Joanna Gaines’ After School Banana Bread
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||22-25 Minutes|
- 1 Bag Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Muffin Mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (Can substitute Coconut Oil)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp's Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp's Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Blueberries If using frozen blueberries, you will want to let them defrost first or you will need to increase your baking time.
- Pinch Bob's Red Mill Decorative Sparkling Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line Muffin Pan with Paper Baking Cups.
- Combine muffin mix, oil, milk, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract to mix. Stir until well combined.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups blueberries to mixture. Fold in, being careful not to smash blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. (I like to use a 1/4 c measuring cup to measure out the batter). Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full with mix.
- Sprinkle Bob's Red Mill Decorative Sparkling Sugar to the tops of the muffins.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown, 22-25 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
*If using frozen blueberries, you may need to increase your total baking time. These muffins can easily be reheated. If reheating, first brush the tops with egg whites and then sprinkle Bob's Red Mill Decorative Sugar on top.
Carol Reinhard says
Thank you for the recipe! Very yummy! And pretty, too!
You’re welcome! It’s a tasty recipe and a family favorite!
Beth H. says
Love the table runner! I agree, almost any flower looks great in a classic white pitcher, but tulips match the simplicity of design.
Thanks Beth! Yes, tulips and a white pitcher are my favorite!