This quick and easy to make homemade granola is sure to become a family favorite! We love how the smell of cinnamon fills the air in our house while the granola bakes in the oven. This granola is packed full fo flavor with coconut, craisins, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and maple syrup! I like to sweeten our granola with maple syrup as it also helps to make the clumps of granola stick together. You can easily make this homemade granola over the weekend and have plenty leftover for the week ahead!
Growing up with food allergies I was never able to buy the store bought granola. Most granola contains nuts, so it was very important to me that I made my own nut-free granola. It’s taken me a few years of experimenting to make a recipe that’s just perfect for our family. I hope that you too will enjoy this homemade granola.
In our family, we like to make the granola on the weekend so that we have a quick and easy breakfast throughout the week. There’s so many ways you can use this granola recipe. My daughter loves to pour milk over her granola and eat it like cereal while I love to eat my granola mixed with yogurt. When we are feeling fancy or having company over, I’ll make granola parfaits and top with seasonal berries. And of course, our favorite is to top ice cream with granola for an added crunch.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you. I hope you and your family will enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
You Might Also Enjoy:
-Easy To Make Breakfast Chia Bowl
-Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
-Gluten Free Raspberry Muffins
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (I prefer unsalted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Cup craisins
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 Tbps Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Ground Chia Seed
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (needs to be melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Begin by mixing all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine oats, pumpkin seeds, craisins, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and ground chia seed together.
- Next, pour in maple syrup and melted coconut oil into bowl.
- Using a large kitchen spoon, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour granola mixture over lined baking sheet. Spread evenly.
- Bake granola in oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. To ensure even cooking, stir granola every 15 minutes. Be sure to not over cook or the craisins will dry out and become rock hard.
- Enjoy! Store leftover granola in an airtight container.
As someone with food allergies, I had to find a way to make my own granola as most store bought granola contains nuts. This recipe was purposely made nut-free, but you could easily add your favorite nuts to this recipe. You may need to increase the amount of maple syrup though if you add nuts.
Leave a Reply