This easy to make, delicious, overnight breakfast bowl will make your mornings easier. Plus, you’ll start your day with a delicious breakfast. By adding chia seeds to this recipe, you’ll start your day with a healthy breakfast full of protein, fiber and omega-3s. Make this chia bowl the day before and you’ll wake-up to a ready-to-eat breakfast bowl that you can easily finish off with your favorite fruit toppings.
We came up with this recipe while doing Whole30. About halfway through we became tired of eating eggs for breakfast every morning and we were craving some fresh fruit. This recipe is easy to make and by adding chia seeds, you’ll start your day with a healthy breakfast full of protein, fiber and omega-3s.
You can try variations of this recipe by substituting other frozen fruits for the frozen blueberries. I imagine that frozen raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries would also be delicious in this breakfast bowl.
Did you try this recipe? If you like this recipe, I’d be grateful if you’d take a moment to PIN it to Pinterest.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
–Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 2 Bananas make sure they are ripe
- 1 cup Coconut Milk I prefer the unsweetened version
- 1 cup Frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds I use the ground Chia Seeds
Overnight Chia Breakfast Bowl
- In a blender, blend the bananas and coconut milk until smooth.
- Add frozen blueberries and blend until smooth.
- Mix in chia seed and blend until all mixed together.
- Pour into a mason jar and place in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (I like to make this in the evening so it can set overnight).
- When you're ready to serve, top with shredded coconut flakes and fresh fruit.
You can try variations of this breakfast bowl recipe by substituting other frozen fruits for the frozen blueberries. I imagine that frozen raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries would also be delicious in this breakfast bowl.
Carol Reinhard says
Healthy dessert for breakfast! ‘Looks like a yummy way to start the day. I like that you recommended using ground chia seeds. ‘Anxious to give this recipe a try! Thank you for sharing!
Hope you enjoy! You can add any toppings you like!