I woke up this morning and learned that today (8.24.18) is National Waffle Day so of course we decided to have waffles for breakfast. Our garden has an abundance of zucchini growing right now so we decided that we would make Zucchini Waffles for breakfast. I searched the internet and after a quick search, I couldn’t find a recipe I was looking for so we decided to make our own recipe.
First we went to our garden and picked a fresh zucchini. Then I went to our kitchen pantry and found a box of Krusteaz Supreme Belgian Waffle Mix. On the back of the box there is a recipe for waffles so I started with their foolproof recipe and modified it for zucchini. With a high water content in the zucchini, I reduced the amount of water on the recipe. I also added cinnamon and vanilla to the recipe to sweeten the waffles.
My sweet daughter Olivia helped to make the waffles and together we made a delicious breakfast. Are you having waffles for National Waffle Day? Comment below and let me know what you love to put on your waffles.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 minutes per waffle|
7-inch round waffles
- 3 Cups Krusteaz Belgian Supreme Waffle Mix
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Oil (coconut or vegetable oil works best)
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1 Cup Shredded Zucchini
- Heat and lightly grease waffle iron
- Whisk waffle mix, cinnamon, water, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract until smoohth.
- Add shredded zucchini to mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour about 1 cup of the batter onto the waffle iron.
- Cook waffles approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown.
*Adapted from the original recipe on Krusteaz Supreme Waffle Mix Box.
I love zucchini! I never thought to make zucchini waffles. I can’t wait to try this.