Two of my favorite things are ice cream and pumpkin! This fall I decided that I needed to find a way to combine these two things to make my own homemade pumpkin ice cream. All summer long I worked to perfect the perfect vanilla ice cream recipe so I figured it was now time to try making pumpkin ice cream! Since it’s still warm outside, I decided that instead of pumpkin pie, I’d still to ice cream recipes for dessert!
When I was in college I remember going with my friends every fall to get the seasonal Pumpkin Milkshakes at Burgerville. I can still taste and smell those delicious milk shakes! When I decided to make my own pumpkin ice cream from scratch, I knew that I wanted the ice cream to bring back these memories!Jump to Recipe
I love using my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker to make ice cream. There’s something about homemade ice cream that just tastes so much better than store bought ice cream. Growing up I remember making peach ice cream with my parents so I love being able to share this tradition with my daughter!
How To Make My Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream
For this homemade pumpkin ice cream recipe, I decided to use the Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin Pie Mix. I love using this canned pumpkin in pumpkin pie so I knew that it’s flavor would make the ice cream taste like pumpkin pie. Since the canned pumpkin already had some spice too it, I only added 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the recipe. You could certainly add more if you want more spice mix.
I hope that you will give this homemade pumpkin ice cream recipe a try! This has quickly become a family favorite fall pumpkin dessert. Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to Pinterest so that you can easily come back and make this recipe! I’d also love to hear from you if you try making my homemade pumpkin ice cream!
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- 1 1/2 cups Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Half N Half
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the whipping cream, half N half, and granulated sugar.
- Next, mix in the canned pumpkin pie mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients together. You should see bubbles forming on the top of the mixture.
- Pour all of the ingredients into your Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and turn it on.
- Let the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker mix all the ingredients until the ice cream has a soft serve appearance.
- Scoop the pumpkin ice cream out of the ice cream maker and into a freezer ice cream container.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer for at least 2-4 hours to set. I like to leave my ice cream in the freezer overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 2-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Homemade Granola
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies From My Friend Jessica at The Old Barn